Dimensions: P1 – 60 inches x 52 inches / P2 – 96 inches x 52 inches / P2 Extensions – 96 inches x 52 inches / P3 – 96 inches x 52 inches / P3 Extensions – 96 inches x 52 inches
Materials: Laminated heavy-duty vinyl floor mat
(This material does not include number cards. If you are interested in a Place Value material with cards, check out the floor mat version here!)
- Place Value Hop (P1) (ones, tens, hundreds, thousands)
- Place Value Hop – Millions (P2) (ones, tens, hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, hundred thousands, millions)
- Place Value Hop – P2 Extensions (ten millions, hundred millions, billions, ten billions, hundred billions, trillions, ten trillions)
- Place Value Hop – Decimals (P3) (thousandths, hundredths, tenths, ones, tens, hundreds, thousands)
- Place Value Hop – P3 Extensions (ten thousands, hundred thousands, millions, ten millions, hundred millions, billions, ten billions)
Place Value Game Sample Activity:
- Create a number by writing numbers in the boxes at the top of the Place Value Hop floor mat. For example, create the number 2,345.
- Start at the ones column. Hop on the 5 and say “5 ones.”
- Hop on the 4 and say “4 tens.”
- Hop on the 3 and say “3 hundreds.”
- Then, hop on the 2 and say “2 thousands.”
Please Note: Dry-erase mats and stickers are not slip-resistant. It is important to place the mats and stickers in safe spaces that are not in high-traffic areas (e.g. school hallways).
View a video of a regular Place Value Floor Mat. The laminated mats can be used the same way, but cards are not included. Students can fill in their own numbers instead of using cards.