Maximize Student Engagement. Earn Professional Credit. Foster the Success of the Next Generation of Students. Attend the National Math Foundation Summer Institute.
Learn how to create an interactive classroom for your students that fits within state standards and your school’s curriculum.
The goal of the National Math Foundation Summer Institute is to provide common core and module-aligned training and materials for teachers/schools in movement-based learning strategies in order to boost student achievement, increase physical activity, reduce obesity, and increase the overall health of students.
Target Audience: For teachers, educational support professionals, physical education, and special education teachers for Pre-K through grade 5.
What will you learn?
- Why exercise increases learning.
- How to use Math & Movement to help students meet the Common Core State Standards and increase test scores.
- Easy-to-apply and powerful techniques for extra math practice and brain breaks.
- How to train your students to develop their own Math & Movement exercises.
- Math & Movement exercises including the Nines Twist and Sailboat Sway.
- Methods for documenting the effectiveness of these strategies.
- How to access grant opportunities.
- What the National Math Foundation is and how it can help you meet your goals!
All teachers who attend will receive the following:
(the value of the books exceeds $300):
What teachers are saying:
2017 National Math Foundation Summer Institute
Oswego, NY August 7-10
2 Days: Aug 7-8 $295 Tuition/books + $50 registration fee = $345
4 Days: Aug 7-10 $495 Tuition/books + $50 registration fee = $545
4-Day School Age Youth Program = $75 (for the week)