Teach the days in the week in a new way!
Learning the days of the week is an early lesson for kids. Our Days of the Week Hop can make learning about the days a movement-based activity. This mat is suitable for days of the week activities for preschool, kindergarten, and 1st grade.
This hop mat includes 7 color blocks with the name of each day in large type. The vibrant colors and kid-friendly text are meant to keep students engaged while learning.
Teaching days with kinesthetic activities will help kids learn better and improve their memory retention while developing their gross motor skills. Early readers will have great confidence identifying days and recognizing words as a result of using this mat!
Also available: Does your school have a dual language learning program? Check out this page for even more languages!
Materials: Our floor mats are made from heavy-duty vinyl. They are easy to clean, durable, and long-lasting. Some teachers have used their mats for over 10 years!
Dimensions: 30 x 130 inches
Includes: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Check out our material FAQ page for more information and instructions on caring for your floor mat.
- Create word cards that match two of the words on the mat.
- Create five word cards for each word.
- Put words in a pile and mix up pile.
- Match the word cards with the words on the floor mat by placing the word card on or beside the word on the floor mat.
- Gradually increase the number of different words.