Help kids with their self-esteem!
Add this self-esteem activity for kids to your classroom today. This colorful mat features a quote from Darrell Knoch’s book Mastering a Healthy Self Image. The included quote reads “I like myself, I love my life, I am excited, I am healthy, and I add brightness to the life of everyone I meet.”
Self-esteem is important for everyone, but especially young children. Our mat can help boost students’ confidence and self esteem. As they read the words on the mat, their reading comprehension and their word and letter recognition will grow.
Movement-based activities will boost learning comprehension while helping young students develop gross motor skills. Whether using it for class or during free time, this mat will encourage active learning and collaborative play. Take a look at our activity database for more activities and sensory play to keep your students on their feet.
Materials: Our floor mats are made from heavy-duty vinyl. They are easy to clean, durable, and long-lasting. Some teachers have used their mats for over 10 years!
Dimensions: 19.5 x 103 inches
- “I like myself, I love my life, I am excited, I am happy, I am healthy, and I add brightness to the life of everyone I meet” from Darrell Knoch’s book, Mastering a Healthy Self Image.
Check out our material FAQ page for more information and instructions on caring for your floor mat.
Sample Activity: I Like Myself Writing Activity
- Have your students hop on the “I Like Myself Hop” and then write out 10 things they like about themselves.
- Give different examples if students seem to be struggling with ideas.
- Allow students to share with the class when they are finished.
- Students do not have to share, but if they would like to, it could lead to great discussions!