Skip into counting by 9s!
Students will love learning how to skip count using this colorful hop mat. Our Skip Counting by 9s Mat is suitable for 3rd grade, 4th grade, and 5th grade math lessons and is a great way for students to learn how to skip count by 9.
This hop mat features a colorful number line from 0 to 90. Each multiple of 9 has a larger block to make learning to skip count by 9 easier for young students. Measuring 30 inches wide and 200 inches long, this colorful mat has plenty of space for multiple students to hop on. After using this mat, students will have improved skip counting skills.
Movement-based activities will boost learning comprehension while helping young students develop gross motor skills. Whether using it for science class or during free time, this mat will encourage active learning and collaborative play. Take a look at our activity database for more activities and sensory play to keep your students on their feet.
Also available: Looking to skip count by even more numbers? Check out our Skip Counting Mats Set. This is our full set of 7 mats for $1200, a savings of $85 off the price of the individual mats!
Materials: Our floor mats are made from heavy-duty vinyl. They are easy to clean, durable, and long-lasting. Some teachers have used their mats for over 10 years!
Dimensions: 30 x 200 inches
Includes: Numbers 0 – 90
Check out our material FAQ page for more information and instructions on caring for your floor mat.
Sample Activity: Multiplication by 9s
- Give a student a multiplication by nine problem (verbally, flashcard, worksheet, etc.).
- Example: 9 x 6
- The student will begin on 0.
- They will jump forward 6 times, only landing on the multiples of 9.
- When they land on the sixth number, 54, they will say, “9 x 6 = 54.”
- You can also have students practice each multiplication fact as they hop down the mat: Jump on 9. Say, “9 x 1 = 9.” Jump on 18. Say, “9 x 2 = 18,” etc.
There are no reviews yet.