Teach sight words with these literacy carpet stickers!
Looking for the best way to teach sight words? Try using our Word Hop carpet stickers to introduce fun sight word activities and games to your school! Learn to read sight words by hopping, stepping, and skipping on these carpet stickers.
This collection of reading stickers covers all of the Sight Words identified by Dr. Edward William Dolch as basic words that, for the most part, cannot be sounded out and must be learned by sight. All 220 Dolch sight words are listed on these 29 stickers. Each sticker lists seven sight words in large, kid-friendly text on colorful blocks.
Learning sight words and developing reading skills can be challenging, especially considering how complex the English language is. With our Word Hop stickers, students drill letter and word recognition through movement. Movement is proven to boost student learning comprehension and improve memory retention. Best of all, your students will love the sight word activities possible on these stickers!
With repeated exposure to these high-frequency words, your students will have no problem reading sight words! No more sitting at a desk struggling to understand static books or worksheets. Students can practice reciting the words, spelling the words, and using the words in sentences while moving their bodies. Writing sight words will come naturally as they improve their penmanship.
Make these sight word carpet stickers into an opportunity for reading practice every time your class walks by them! Check out our activity database to find interactive sight word games. Consider adding our Word Hop stickers to your phonics instruction today!
Materials: Each sticker is 6.6 mm thick and laminated for extra protection. For best results, install stickers on short nap/low pile carpets.
Dimensions: 21 x 75 inches
Sight Word List
Words get progressively harder with each sticker. See word lists below:
- Word Hop A: I, A, The, Go, Can, Is, Me
- Word Hop B: To, In, It, Run, Did, Like, And
- Word Hop C: Not, We, Get, Said, My, See, You
- Word Hop D: Have, Are, No, What, Do, At, On
- Word Hop E: Was, For, Come, Funny, He, Jump, Little
- Word Hop F: Will, Too, Look, Of, Play, This, Up
- Word Hop G: Saw, Ran, One, Here, Good, Down, Big
- Word Hop H: Away, Yes, All, Am, Around, But, By
- Word Hop I: Call, Came, Eat, Fast, An, Stop, Some
- Word Hop J: She, Who, Out, Old, Make, Into, Going
- Word Hop K: Her, Help, Had, Give, From, Fly, Cold
- Word Hop L: Be, As, After, Your, Under, Soon, So
- Word Hop M: Round, Ride, Its, If, His, Him, May
- Word Hop N: Many, Made, Live, Let, Know, Has, Got
- Word Hop O: Gave, Find, When, Walk, They, Then, Them
- Word Hop P: That, Put, Over, Now, New, About, Could
- Word Hop Q: Ask, Always, Any, Again, Ate, With, Were
- Word Hop R: Went, Take, Say, Our, Once, Or, Long
- Word Hop S: How, First, Found, Does, Been, Because, Bring
- Word Hop T: Wish, Want, Would, Upon, Us, There, Tell
- Word Hop U: Pull, Only, Open, Never, Must, Much, Goes
- Word Hop V: Every, Done, Before, Which, Work, Very, Think
- Word Hop W: Those, Their, These, Small, Show, Sit, Keep
- Word Hop X: Just, Hold, Hot, Grown, Fall, Drink, Draw
- Word Hop Y: Buy, Where, Try, Today, Shall, Read, Pick
- Word Hop Z: Please, Pretty, Off, Own, Myself, Full, Cut
- Word Hop AA: Clean, Both, Best, Better, Write, Why, Well
- Word Hop AB: Use, Together, Wash, Warm, Thank, Sing, Start
- Word Hop AC: Sleep, Right, Laugh, Light, Kind, Hurt, Far
Sample Activity: I’m Thinking of a Word…
- Have a student stand on “Start Here”. Pick a word on the sticker and give the student a clue as to which word you are thinking of. Some clues might be:
- “I’m thinking of a word that begins with u and ends with r.”
- “I’m thinking of a word that has two letters.”
- “I’m thinking of a word that is a verb.”
- The student will hop to the word they think you picked. Have the student read the word aloud.
- Challenge another student to pick a word and give clues.