Fun Ways to Teach Equivalent Fractions to Kids
The concept of fractions can be difficult for young students to grasp. Our Equivalent Fraction Hop Floor Sticker makes many fun ways to teach fractions possible! By using movement-based games to teach fractions, you’ll make math your students’ favorite subject. Introduce and reinforce equivalent fractions for kids by jumping on this sticker daily.
This large 4ft by 4ft sticker features equivalent fractions from halves to tenths. The sticker provides visual cues to the relationships between parts and wholes. The whole number one is on both the left and right ends of the mat. In between these ones, each column is divided vertically into its subsequent fraction, starting with halves on the left all the way to tenths on the left.
Comparing fractions becomes as simple as looking from one column to the next! Each box on the sticker has its corresponding fraction depicted with a circle, rectangle, and square. With its bright colors and large graphics, this sticker makes it easy to visualize each fraction.
The Equivalent Fraction Hop Floor Sticker is made from durable materials, therefore making it perfect for daily fraction activities. Place this sticker in your hallway, classroom, or any high-traffic area. By seeing this sticker every school day, your students will become more familiar with and confident in their understanding of fractions.
Above all, physical activity boosts students’ learning comprehension and improves their memory retention. Stepping, jumping, and skipping over this sticker makes equivalent fractions for kids a full-body experience. Oftentimes, kids get so engaged in the fractions activities that they forget they are learning math! Energetic games to teach fractions can really make a difference on a student’s attitude toward math.
Additionally, you can find plenty of fun ways to teach fractions on our activity database. Learning about fractions has never been this exciting before!
Materials: Each sticker is 6.4 mm thick and laminated for extra protection. Our stickers are made with the latest 3M adhesive technology so that applications are easy and quick.
Dimensions: 4 x 4 feet
Includes: 1/2 – 2/2, 1/3 – 3/3, 1/4 – 4/4, 1/5 – 5/5, 1/6 – 6/6, 1/7 – 7/7, 1/8 – 8/8, 1/9 – 9/9, 1/10 – 10/10
Sample Activity: Hopping Equivalent Fractions
- Stand on the large purple 1. Notice how the top line on the 1 box matches up to the top line of the 2/2 box.
- Jump on the 2/2 box and say, “1 is equivalent to 2/2.”
- Jump on the 3/3 box and say, “1 is equivalent to 2/2 and 3/3.”
- Jump on the 4/4 box and say, “1 is equivalent to 2/2, 3/3, and 4/4.”
- Continue to jump to determine all the fractions equivalent to 1.
- Stand on the 1/2 and jump to the right to the 2/4 and say, “1/2 is equivalent to 2/4.”
- Continue to jump to the right to find all the fractions equivalent to 1/2.
- Jump to find all the fractions that are equivalent to the following: 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 2/3, 3/4, 2/5, and 4/5.