Bring reading activities outdoors!
This Early Readers Outdoor Bundle includes outdoor reading activities for young learners. Using movement-based learning during reading lessons will help boost students’ reading comprehension, word recognition, letter recognition, memory retention and overall literacy skills. This bundle is suitable for kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade literacy lessons.
Kinesthetic learning will help increase learning comprehension while promoting the development of kids’ gross motor skills. These outdoor reading activities stickers will encourage collaborative play and active learning while allowing kids to get some fresh air! Take a look at our activity database for more activities and sensory play to keep your students on their feet.
Materials: Our outdoor stickers have a textured, slip and scruff-resistant surface that makes them perfect for creating outdoor learning areas on surfaces such as asphalt, tarmac, pavements, concrete, and even walls. The material is semi-permanent and easily removable.
Important note for installation: Please make sure the surface is completely dry and free of dust, dirt, stones, gravel, and other debris before installing your stickers. Make sure to brush the surface well and only install stickers on clean, dry surfaces.
Dimensions: Each sticker measures 24 x 104 inches
Includes: Words on each sticker –
- Word Hop A: I, A, The, Go, Can, Is, Me
- Word Hop B: To, In, It, Run, Did, Like, And
- Word Hop C: Not, We, Get, Said, My, See, You
- Word Hop D: Have, Are, No, What, Do, At, On
- Word Hop E: Was, For, Come, Funny, He, Jump, Little
Sample Activity: The Word Hop
- Have a student begin on START HERE.
- Have them read the first word.
- Have them jump on a word while simultaneously saying the word.
- Be sure that your student says the words correctly.
- Tell your student a word if your student doesn’t know the word.
- Continue hopping and reading words until the end of the mat.
- Repeat the activity until the student is comfortable with reading words.