Large-scale, interactive percent, decimal, and fraction chart
Understanding the concept of fractions, decimals, and percents can be challenging for young mathematicians. We created our Fraction, Decimal, and Percentage Hop floor mat to help! Make learning fractions energetic, fun, and movement-based with this large-scale percent, decimal, and fraction chart. This mat makes kinesthetic activities to teach the fractions halves and fourths possible.
The Fraction, Decimal, and Percentage Hop for halves and fourths features whole numbers from -5 through 5. Each number also has their percentage and decimal values and their fraction models. The corresponding equivalent fractions in halves and fourths are on either side of the whole numbers. This mat’s three-column layout makes comparing fractions, whole numbers, decimals, and percents easy.
This floor mat has ample space for multiple students to interact with it at one time. The colorful design will capture students’ attention and keep them engaged with math activities.
Students will be able to comprehend the relationship between fractions, decimals, percents, and whole numbers after hopping on this mat. Practice identifying proper and improper fractions with your class. Watch your students become pros at converting fractions to decimals and percents while incorporating movement into your math lessons.
Above all, physical activity boosts students’ learning comprehension and improves their memory retention. Plus, movement-based activities such as stepping, skipping, jumping, and tracing are so fun that most kids forget they are even learning fractions! Take a look at our activity database to find lots of hands on activities.
Try kinesthetic activities to teach fractions with this percent, decimal, and fraction chart and see the immediate different in your students’ math mindset!
- Fraction, Decimal, and Percentage Hop for Thirds and Fourths
- Fraction, Decimal, and Percentage Hop for Thirds and Sixths
Materials: Our floor mats are made from heavy-duty vinyl. They are easy to clean, durable, and long-lasting. Some teachers have used their mats for over 10 years!
Dimensions: 40 x 216 inches
- Halves: -10/2 through 10/2 (includes percentages and decimals)
- Whole Numbers: -5 through 5 (includes percentages and decimals)
- Fourths: -20/4 through 20/4 (includes percentages and decimals)
Check out our material FAQ page for more information and instructions on caring for your floor mat.
Sample Activity: Equivalent Fraction Hop
- Have a student select a fraction and stand on it.
- Then, have the student hop on all of its equivalent fractions. The activity should go on until the student has reached all fractions equivalent to the one on which they started.
- Repeat with a different fraction and different student!
- Students might not realize right away that the colors/shades correspond with the equivalent fractions. If they do not pick up on this, ask them to look closer at the colors on the mat and see if they can find the pattern.