Count to ten with movement!
Learning to count to ten is an early math lesson for kids. Use this fun floor mat to help young students learn by turning this lesson into a movement-based activity. This mat is suitable for Pre-K, Kindergarten, 1st grade, and 2nd grade students.
This mat features the numbers from one to ten. Each block includes the number, the number word, and an amount of dots corresponding to each number. The kid-friendly text makes this mat easy to read for young kids while the shapes and colors keeps them engaged. After hopping on this mat, students will understand how to count from zero to ten.
Movement-based activities will boost learning comprehension while helping young students develop gross motor skills. Whether using it for reading class or during free time, this mat will encourage active learning and collaborative play. Take a look at our activity database for more activities and sensory play to keep your students on their feet.
Also available: Count to Ten Floor Sticker, Count to Ten Carpet Sticker.
Materials: Our floor mats are made from heavy-duty vinyl. They are easy to clean, durable, and long-lasting. Some teachers have used their mats for over 10 years!
Dimensions: 30 x 119 inches
Includes: Numbers 0-10
Check out our material FAQ page for more information and instructions on caring for your floor mat.
Sample Activity: The Number Walk from 0 to 10
- Have your student take the number walk from zero to ten.
- As the student steps on each number, encourage them to simultaneously say the number name.
- If the counting gets ahead of the number your student is stepping on, encourage your student to go back and start over.
- Stepping on the number and saying the number name simultaneously is evidence of a student’s understanding of one-to-one correspondence, essential to all mathematical processes.
- Be sure your student’s stepping is in sync with them saying the number!
There are no reviews yet.